Studio Owner | Pilates Teacher Training Co-Director | Voted Best of BG “Best Trainer”
Loralee Stephens is a Certified Pilates Trainer and in good standing with the Pilates Method Alliance, the only international organization that defines the parameter of Pilates teaching and expertise. The PMA is dedicated to protecting the quality of the profession and protecting the public by establishing certification standards for Pilates professionals. Loralee has been committed to the fitness industry since 1993. Over the past 22 years she has been involved with all facets of the industry from group aerobics instructor, personal trainer, fitness director & club manager. In 2000 she found and feel in love with the Pilates method and has been a full time studio owner since 2006. She is dedicated to furthering her knowledge of Pilates by continuing to study under different teachers with a variety of approaches.
Loralee has studied with the following:
- 1st Generation Pilates Teachers/Pilates Elders (those that studied directly with Joseph H. Pilates): Ron Fletcher, Jay Grimes & Peter Fiasco
- 2nd Generation Teachers: Jillian Hessel, Jillian Littleford, Brooke Siler, Kathryn Ross-Nash & Madeline Black, Pat Guyton; to name a few.
PMA, Certified Pilates Trainer 2009 | Integrated Balance, LLC – Comprehensive Studio Certification 2006 | PHI Mat & Reformer | SSW Mat
Specialty Pilates/Movement Training
Mat w/ Props Pilates for Scoliosis Pilates for Athletes | Pilates for Men Pilates Jumpboarding | Stretch Out Strap | Posture/Movement Analysis | Pilates for the Shoulder | Ron Fletcher: Towel, Floorwork, Spine Corrector & Reformer | Advanced Chair | Advanced Cadillac Anatomy in Clay | Bosu | Flexibility | EXO Chair
CPR | Personal Trainer & Aerobic Instructor, AFAA | Spinning Instructor, Maddog | TRX Group Trainer | Yogafit level 1
Pilates Teacher Training Director
Laurie has been at The Spot since its founding. She likes to teach more of a contemporary stile of pilates, whether it be mat or equipment, focusing on form and alignment. Teaching a more contemporary style allows her to interchange the classical style with variations, modifications, creativity, as well as through using props to allow each client to feel successful in their movement.
Yoga Teacher Training Director
Being a part of The Spot team since its founding, Nancy’s teaching style is more athletic with an appreciation for listening to what the body needs (sometimes more passive movement). Nancy loves keeping clients active by respecting their needs and providing a safe space to explore movement.
- Comprehensive Pilates Certification/NCPT (formerly PMA Certified)
- Trauma Informed Yoga Certified
- Restorative Yoga Certified
- Yin Yoga Certified
- Power Yoga Certified
- Accessible Yoga Certified
- 200-E Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher
- 500-E Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher
- YACEP- Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- 200-Hour Registered Yoga Alliance School (Zen Yoga and Wellness) Yoga Teacher Training Program
- 300-Hour Registered Yoga Alliance School (Zen Yoga and Wellness) Yoga Teacher Training Program
- CPR/First Aid
Cassi has been at The Spot for 5 years as a client, and 3 as an instructor. Cassi likes to teach in a fun, laid back and spicy environment.
- Anti Gravity Fitness Level 1
Owen likes to adapt his teaching style to clients needs, while providing fun and rewarding movement to all.